Updated: 2012-10-29 | Print
Paper and Fibre Research Institute (PFI) can tailor-make training courses on specific topics.
As an example, PFI will, in cooperation with NTNUs Nanolab, run a new training course on “Advanced nano-characterisation of nanocellulose materials”, including the following topics:
- Lectures about cellulose
- Modification of nanostructures
- Barrier and mechanical properties
- Optical properties
- Image analysis
- Laser profilometry
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Field-emission SEM (FESEM)
- Scanning (Transmission) electron microscopy (STEM)
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM)
- Focused-ion-beam (FIB)
Course period: October 29 to November 23, 2012.
The above-mentioned course has been organized and will be supervised by Senior Research Scientist Gary Chinga Carrasco.
Training courses in other topics may be arranged.
Research Manager Karin Øyaas, Paper and Novel Materials.
Research Manager Lars Johansson, Fibre and Pulp.